Frappe Framework Tutorial
In this guide, you will learn how to create a web application from scratch using the Frappe Framework.
Who is this for?
Frappe Framework and the apps you build on it require
git for version control
and update management via Bench. It is also expected that you are familiar with
basic git commands.
What are we building?
We will build a simple Library Management System in which the Librarian can log in and manage Articles and Memberships. We will build the following models:
- Article: A Book or similar item that can be rented.
- Library Member: A user who is subscribed to a membership.
- Library Transaction: An Issue or Return of an article.
- Library Membership: A document that represents an active membership of a Library Member.
- Library Settings: Settings that define values like Loan Period and the maximum number of articles that can be issued at a time.
The Librarian will log in to an interface known as Desk, a rich admin interface that ships with the framework. The Desk provides many standard views like List view, Form view, Report view, etc, and many features like Role-based Permissions.
We will also create public Web Views which can be accessed by the Library Members where they can browse available Articles.